First off, I hate spam as much as you do.
Suzanne Crudden Jewellery operates from Canada and any information collected on this Website may be stored and processed in Canada. Through the use of this Website, you consent to any potential transfers of information outside of your country. When using this Website and providing your personal information to us, you consent to any such transfers of information outside of your country. Please be advised that your personal information may be made available, without your knowledge, to governments and their agencies where we store or process your personal information, should they request it under a lawful order made in that country.
Where and how your personal information is collected
It is not essential that you tell us who you are or reveal any personal information about yourself as you browse this Website. There are certain parts of the Website where you may choose to provide us with your personal information. When you do provide us with your personal information, regardless whether it is orally (over the phone) on our Website or via e-mail, we store this information on our secure systems. Personal information refers to any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to: a first and last name, home, billing or other physical address, an e-mail address and any other information associated with the individual. Apart from your contact information, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, birthday, anniversary, interests, phone number or other contact information. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Where your personal information is used
Your personal information may be used to:
- Manage or process your purchases and provide the services you requested,
- Confirm and track your order,
- Respond to your inquiries,
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
- Improve our Website, service, products and overall user experience,
- Identify your individual preferences,
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behaviour, and
- Contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. You will be able to easily opt-out of receiving these e-mails if you wish to do so.
How and when your personal information may be shared with others
In certain circumstances, Suzanne Crudden Jewellery may need to share your personal information with certain trusted partners. Below where and when this could happen is outlined:
- Service Providers: We use trusted third-party service providers to carry out certain services on our behalf. These include: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, webhosting, web analytics, product assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. Only the specific information they require to perform their function(s) is provided to these organization and they are not authorized to use this or any other information for purpose(s) other than those set forth by Rare Pink.
- Special Events and Promotions: If you chose to participate in one of our special events or promotions, Suzanne Crudden Jewellery may share your personal information with the relevant organizations participating in the event. Unless stated otherwise in the terms and conditions of the special event, these third parties may have access to your information to achieve the objectives of the event or promotion as outlined by those specific terms and conditions.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may need to, and you authorize us to, use and disclose any personal information in the following instances: (1) Where we find it necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any relevant law, regulation, legal process, or government request; (2) In order to investigate or prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personnel or as otherwise required by law; (3) Where it is required by other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we may have with you.
Other Uses of Your Information
IP Address. When you visit our Website it collects details of your IP address. This is done to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze traffic trends, gather demographic information and track the date and duration of each session within our Website. Together with your personal information, your IP address may also be used to prevent fraud or abuse, customize your shopping experience, improve our website’s design and usability, improve our customer service and to understand your preferences and interests.
Data Collection Devices, such as Cookies and Tags: There are some instances where Suzanne Crudden Jewellery may collect data through cookies, web logs, tags and other monitoring technologies to improve your browsing and shopping experience on our website. ‘Cookies’ are a piece of text stored on a user’s computer through their web browser. It can be used for authentication, storing site preferences, shopping cart contents and the identifier for a server-based session. ‘Tags’ refers to code that is embedded in a web page or e-mail and is usually invisible to the user but allows checking that a user has viewed the page or e-mail.
We use these tools to improve and measure our Website’s usability, track visits from our affiliates and partners, measure our Website’s performance and to customize your shopping experience, among other things.
Children under 13: Suzanne Crudden Jewellery does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we discover that we have unknowingly done so we will immediately delete that data collected from our systems.
While no effort is spared in safeguarding your personal information, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and for this reason we are unable to guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or provide to us.
While we would like to keep in touch with all our clients we know that sometimes you prefer to keep your inbox free from any promotional material.
For this reason you can always opt-out of receiving e-mail promotions that we send you. To do this simply select “unsubscribe” on the subscription status page or at the bottom of any promotional e-mail received from us.