Sometimes people confuse natural zircon with cubic zirconia. Natural zircon is a mineral and not cubic zirconia which is a man-made diamond simulant. Often found in south-east Asia, zircon comes in many colours including blue, yellow, white and a light peach/copper-like colour. A couple of ineresting facts about zircon. First, as I mentioned above, they are double refractive which means you will see double the amount of facets and double the amount of fire. Second, they have a radioactive trace element (it’s so slight it poses no health risk) which is kind of cool. If anyone has seen Star Trek Beyond, now you too can give your girlfriend radioactive jewellery, just like Spock!
They’re beautiful gemstones but not super durable so are best set in earrings or a pendant.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k yellow gold
- Stone: Genuine blue zircons
- Metal Weight: 1 gram
- Fastening: Butterfly fastening for pierced ears
- Stone Length: 5mm
- Stone Width: 5mm
- Finish: High polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.