I know, I know, “demantoid” is a strange term! The first deposits weren’t found until the 1860’s in Russia. Right away people noticed the high refractive index of the stones. The brilliance and high light dispersion of these garnets gained them comparisons with diamonds. And somehow, over the course of time, this comparison gave rise to their strange adjective “demantoid”.
Demantoid garnets are always green, ranging from pale to dark and yellowish-green to emerald green.
They’re beautiful gemstones but not super durable so are best set in earrings or a pendant.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k green gold
- Stone: Genuine green dementoid garnets
- Metal Weight: 1 gram
- Fastening: Butterfly fastening for pierced ears
- Stone Length: 4mm
- Stone Width: 4mm
- Finish: High polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.