I’ve made a number of versions of this ring. So far I’ve tried an amethyst and rhodolite garnet version as well as a multi-hued blue version. This time I’ve gone with hues of grey.
If you aren’t familiar with spinel, allow me to introduce you! Spinel is a durable stone although not quite as hard as sapphire. There are many colour varieties of spinel but grey is one of my favourite. There are few gemstones that are truly grey. The sparkle of spinel added to the subtle contrast of the grey and silver shades combine to create an elegant statement ring.
- Metal: Certified recycled sterling silver
- Metal Weight: 9.5 grams
- Size: 6 1/2 NOTE: it is possible to size this ring within one size either up or down
- Width: 2.8mm
- Spinel: 5 x 5mm round, 8 x 3mm round, 1.37 total carats, light and dark grey coloured
- Finish: High polished
- Handmade in Canada
- Store in an airtight ziploc bag to prevent tarnish (included with purchase).
- Sterling silver may tarnish if the piece is stored away and not worn for a while. To remove built up tarnish use the anti-tarnish cloth to rub it off (included with purchase).
- Do not wear in a pool, spa or hot tub as the chemicals may cause the silver to tarnish and the chemicals are too harsh for the moonstone.
- It would also be wise to remove the ring before performing any strenuous activity and before bed. Take care when wearing the ring not to subject it to activity that is likely to cause scratches or damage.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.