As mentioned in the short description, this ring has been engraved by hand by a master hand engraver. I would like to point out that this is not me! I do love engraving but I stick to engraving in wax which I feel is more my forte, like sculpting. Engraving by hand in metal requires a whole different skill set. It requires the years of practice, training and steadiness of a surgeon. I’m in awe of the ability of the hand engraver.
I love this ring not only for the quality of the engraving but also because of it is an exquisite example of the traditional skills of a by gone era. Yes, you could duplicate this ring these days using a computer. But, I can tell you, it would not compare in quality, crispness nor beauty to the hand made version.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k yellow gold
- Metal Weight: 6.73 grams
- Size: 9 1/4 NOTE: this ring is not sizable
- Width: 7mm
- Finish: High Polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Engraved by a master hand engraver
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting(s) resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting(s).
- In addition to free cleaning and polishing for life you are also welcome to send/bring back your piece at any time for a complimentary assessment.
- Over time a ring you wear every day will get small scratches developing into a lovely ‘worn’ polished patina. I encourage people to learn to love this burnished finish as constantly polishing your ring actually removes a tiny bit of metal each time.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.