There was a long tradition in the Victorian era of using the first letter of a gemstone to spell out a word. The most classic example of this type of acrostic jewellery was the “REGARD” ring in which the first letter of each gemstone spelled out the word regard.
I was inspired by this tradition to create the HOPE pendant. The first letter of each gemstone, Heliodor, Opal, Peridot and Emerald spell out the word hope. If you’re unfamiliar with heliodor it is the yellow variety of beryl which is the same mineral as emerald and aquamarine.
I’ve often been accused of being naively optimistic. But you know what, who couldn’t use a little hope these days?! This pendant is meant to serve as a talisman to those who believe in happy endings, that good will always triumph over evil and who will never stop trying to make the world a better place.
- Metal: Certified recycled sterling silver
- Stones: Genuine facetted heliodor (yellow beryl), genuine cabachon opal, genuine cabachon peridot, genuine facetted emerald
- Metal Weight: 1.86 grams including chain
- Clasp: Spring ring fastening
- Chain Length and Type: 16″ long oval link chain
- Stone Diametre: 3mm
- Finish: High polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Store in an airtight ziploc bag to prevent tarnish (included with purchase).
- Sterling silver may tarnish if the piece is stored away and not worn for a while. To remove built up tarnish use the anti-tarnish cloth to rub it off (included with purchase). The cloth will not harm the aquamarine.
- Do not wear in a pool, spa or hot tub as the chemicals may cause the silver to tarnish.
- It would also be wise to remove the necklace before performing any strenuous activity and before bed.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.