This one carat Forever One moissanite is flanked on each side by natural diamonds in an accent band that goes half way around the ring. The underside of the setting also features an accent diamond on each side. The vintage inspired milgrain details add something special but don’t take away from the over all classic look of this moissanite and diamond ring from the top.
A one carat stone is a “Goldilock’s” stone, not too big and not too small. This one carat moissanite is double refractive meaning it creates twice the amount of “fire” of a diamond. If you’re unfamiliar with moissanite I encourage you to check out my post which will tell you all about it.
I prefer to source my moissanite from Charles & Colvard who originally figured out how to produce moissanite in a lab. It seemed in those early days that the world finally had a less expensive alternative to diamond. Other alternatives such as cubic zirconia, while white and sparkly, were not durable. And now here was moissanite, white, sparkly and durable. But the moissanite that was produced in the early days had a greenish/yellowish undertone to it which was less appealing. In recent years, Charles & Colvard has perfected the process that produces very white material (their Forever One line) and now we have a true diamond alternative.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k white gold
- Metal Weight: 2 grams
- Size: 6 1/2 NOTE: it is possible to size this ring within one size either up or down
- Width: 1.7mm
- Moissanite: 6.5mm round, 1.0 carat, brilliant cut Forever One moissanite
- Diamonds: 18 x 1.3mm genuine F/VS diamonds, 2 x 1mm diamonds for a total of 0.19 carats
- Finish: High Polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting(s) resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting(s).
- In addition to free cleaning and polishing for life you are also welcome to send/bring back your piece at any time for a complimentary assessment.
- Over time a ring you wear every day will get small scratches developing into a lovely ‘worn’ polished patina. I encourage people to learn to love this burnished finish as constantly polishing your ring actually removes a tiny bit of metal each time.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.