Deposits of sapphire in Montana have been mined off and on for years. What geologic process prompted them into existence is still a bit of a mystery. This mystery, combined with the nostalgia of the mining history of the area and the romance of big sky country, has placed these beautiful sapphires in very high demand these days.
Montana sapphires are most commonly available in yellow, green, blue or some combination thereof. Sometimes you will see a stone with clear colour zoning. This is when there is a saturation of one colour in one section of the gem and a saturation of another colour in another section of the gem. The gem in this Montana sapphire ring sapphire is a combination of green and blue creating a perfect teal.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k rose gold
- Metal Weight: 2.3 grams
- Size: 6 1/2 NOTE: it is possible to size this ring within one size either up or down
- Width: 1.4mm at bottom tapering to 1.2mm at top
- Sapphire: 4mm genuine Montana teal sapphire, 0.30 carats
- Diamonds: 6 x 1.5mm genuine champagne diamonds, 0.09 total carats
- Finish: High Polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting(s) resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting(s).
- In addition to free cleaning and polishing for life you are also welcome to send/bring back your piece at any time for a complimentary assessment.
- Over time a ring you wear every day will get small scratches developing into a lovely ‘worn’ polished patina. I encourage people to learn to love this burnished finish as constantly polishing your ring actually removes a tiny bit of metal each time.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.