This moonstone ring features a delicate crown-like setting ensuring the stone will stay put and not try to float away back to the heavens. Let me now provide a little background on moonstone which will bring us back down to earth. Moonstone is a feldspar which is the most widespread mineral group on earth. Specifically moonstone is of the feldspar species orthoclase. Some other species of feldspar produce other familiar gemstones such as labradorite, amazonite and sunstone – all “cousins” of moonstone.
I have created many variations of this ring with different stones such as chyrsoprase, chalcedony and opal. If you would like to customize this ring let me know your metal and stone preference in my quote request form and I’ll get back to you asap. Custom ordered rings are, of course, available in any ring finger size.
- Metal: Certified recycled sterling silver
- Metal Weight: 2.4 grams
- Size: 7 NOTE: it is possible to size this ring within one size either up or down
- Width: 2mm
- Stones: 8x6mm genuine oval moonstone cabachon
- Finish: High Polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Store in an airtight ziploc bag to prevent tarnish (included with purchase).
- Sterling silver may tarnish if the piece is stored away and not worn for a while. To remove built up tarnish use the anti-tarnish cloth to rub it off (included with purchase).
- Do not wear in a pool, spa or hot tub as the chemicals may cause the silver to tarnish and the chemicals are too harsh for the moonstone.
- It would also be wise to remove the ring before performing any strenuous activity and before bed. Moonstone is soft stone so take care when wearing the ring not to subject it to activity that is likely to cause scratches or damage.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.