When I was little my grandmother’s garden was full of roses. I loved them so much and didn’t appreciate at the time all the work that had gone into making that garden so beautiful. Ever since I’ve had a profound affinity for roses.
I made a beaded necklace once upon at time with two tones of green glass beads shaped like leaves and red resin roses. It wasn’t anything particularly expensive or fancy but people loved it! And I did too.
I wanted to recapture those feelings in a ring. My rose garden ring is made of green gold and set with a dusty rose coloured natural sapphire. Rather than going for the bold red of a typical red rose I decided to go with a dusty pink to compliment the subtelty of the green gold.
If you’re not familiar with green gold it’s an alloy of gold and silver. Whereas typical yellow gold uses alloys of both copper and silver, green gold uses only silver. In contrast rose gold is created by using only the copper as an alloy.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k green gold
- Metal Weight: 3.1 grams
- Size: 6 NOTE: it is possible to size this ring within one size either up or down
- Width: 2mm tapering to 1.7mm at bottom
- Sapphire: 6mm round, 1.0 carat, natural dusty rose coloured
- Finish: Organic finish
- Handmade in Canada
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting(s) resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting(s).
- In addition to free cleaning and polishing for life you are also welcome to send/bring back your piece at any time for a complimentary assessment.
- Over time a ring you wear every day will get small scratches developing into a lovely ‘worn’ polished patina. I encourage people to learn to love this burnished finish as constantly polishing your ring actually removes a tiny bit of metal each time.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.