When I was growing up my grandparents lived next door. But during Word War II they lived in Liverpool and my grandfather was a mechanic who helped to build planes at the local factory. I grew up with the lore of the Spitfire. As I grew older my fascination only got stronger.
I hand carved this Spitfire just because I really wanted to. It’s has a special place in my family history, in world history and reminds us to keep going, no matter what the odds.
- Metal: Certified Recycled Sterling Silver
- Metal Weight: 3 grams including chain
- Clasp: Spring ring fastening
- Chain Length and Type: 16″ long rolo link chain
- Finish: High polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Store in a small airtight ziploc bag to prevent tarnish (included with purchase).
- Sterling silver may tarnish if the piece is stored away and not worn for a while. To remove built up tarnish use the anti-tarnish cloth to rub it off (included with purchase).
- Do not wear in a pool, spa or hot tub as the chemicals may cause the silver to tarnish.
- It would also be wise to remove the pendant before performing any strenuous activity and before bed to prevent the chain tangling.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.