Tourmalines are available in a variety of colours but the most common are pink, green and blue. Traces of iron and maybe titanium are responsible for the blue green colouring in tourmaline. Other minerals are responsible for other tourmaline colours such as burnt reds and pinks. Although it’s a fairly tough stone it’s important to keep in mind that tourmaline is not as durable as sapphire or diamond. Extra care should be taken to avoid activities that could potentially scratch or damage the stone.
- Metal: Certified recycled 14k yellow gold
- Metal Weight: 2.32 grams
- Size: 7 NOTE: it is possible to size this ring within one size either up or down
- Width: 1.8mm
- Gemstone: 6mm genuine blue-green tourmaline, 0.95 carats
- Finish: High Polish
- Handmade in Canada
- Gold does not tarnish so it’s not necessary to use commercial cleaners or the (included) anti-tarnish cloth.
- If a build up develops under the setting(s) resulting in the stones looking less brilliant, simply take a soft tooth brush, dip it in some warm soapy water and proceed to scrub away the dirt/build-up under the setting(s).
- In addition to free cleaning and polishing for life you are also welcome to send/bring back your piece at any time for a complimentary assessment.
- Over time a ring you wear every day will get small scratches developing into a lovely ‘worn’ polished patina. I encourage people to learn to love this burnished finish as constantly polishing your ring actually removes a tiny bit of metal each time.
- As noted above extra care should be taken to avoid activities that could potentially scratch or damage the stone.
Jewellery Emergency Care Kit Contents:
- Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.
- Extra Sterling Silver Jump Rings: when one of the jump rings on your necklace breaks or opens you can use one of these as a replacement. Use pliers or tweezers to twist open the ring, attach it to your chain, then use the pliers or tweezers to twist close again.
- Plastic Earring Backs: we all lose the backings to our earrings. Use these plastic backings as temporary replacements until you can replace the metal ones.
- Extra Plastic Bags: store your sterling silver jewellery in these zip lock bags to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing.
Cleaning Cloth: this cloth will remove tarnish from sterling silver jewellery. Simply wipe effected areas. Wash your hands after use.