Reuse your Old Jewellery in an Heirloom Redesign.
You’ve been meaning to do something with that old ring forever but, where to start?
Here's how we do it.
- The process for reusing jewellery is slightly different to creating a strictly custom piece
- Collect the pieces of jewellery you’d like to reuse
- Figure out what you’d like to make, ie: a ring, necklace, earring, bracelet etc.
- Bring them in to me so that I can weigh the metal and measure the gemstones
- Or you can also email me a picture and I can estimate the weights and measurements until I can see the pieces to be reused in person
- We develop a mock up design based on your ideas
- I can also offer design suggestions if you don’t have a particular idea in mind
- I figure out how much material we need for the new design
- We figure out if we have enough metal and gemstones to create the project or if we need to add a little more
- I figure out the quote for you
- Once the quote is approved we move on to the final design
- I’ll clean the metal and remove the stones
- If there are any stones that are unable to be reused (ie: broken or chipped) or if there are extra materials that won’t be used in the project they will be returned to you
- We will then create the model of the piece for your approval and move on to production
- Your beautiful new heirloom jewellery piece is ready!
The Benefits of Reusing Old Jewellery:
* The true value of jewellery is it’s sentimental value, that will be preserved.
*It is the most environmentally friendly way to make jewellery since little or nothing will be taken from the earth.
*You will receive cost savings because you will be using, at least in part, your own materials.
*With reusing comes renewal, your new piece will start a new story with new energy.
Heirloom Redesign, My Philosophy
“I strongly believe in re-using old jewellery. Yes, it can be tricky and time consuming and there are some challenges involved. But isn’t it better to re-use something than take something else from the earth if we can avoid it?
I know that the true value of my client’s treasures lies not in the monetary value but the sentimental value. I respect that value above all else and treat my client’s pieces with the attention and care they deserve.”
Popular Ideas for Reusing Your Jewellery
- incorporate the metal from your heirloom jewellery pieces into your wedding bands
- or create new wedding rings with the metal from your original wedding bands
- incorporate the diamonds or gemstones from heirloom jewellery in your new engagement ring
- or redesign your original engagement ring to make a new one
- use materials from family jewellery to create a new special gift for a family member
- or use the materials to create a special gift for yourself